New Crowns and Fillings in Kansas City
Here are some important guidelines following a new crown or filling:
Request an appointment
- Avoid chewing until anesthetic numbness has worn off.
- Brush and floss the new restoration normally. Occasionally, you may notice a slight amount of bleeding with the first few days of flossing. This is normal and will usually go away within the first week.
- Sensitivity to biting and temperature is not uncommon within the first few days. This will normally subside within the first week.
- If sensitivity persists, it may indicate that a slight bite adjustment is necessary. Adjustments are not uncommon and only require a short office visit. Usually, no anesthetic is needed and there is no additional fee.
- Please call us at 816-221-8686 with any additional questions or concerns.
Patients are saying
I came to Dr. Bruso’s office with a broken tooth in back. It felt jagged because part of an old filling was still there.
Dr. Bruso told me that there was enough good tooth left that he could put a partial crown in place. Great result. Very thankful.
-Lane, North Kansas City
I had old crowns on my front teeth that never looked right. They had a dark color around the gum line. Dr. Bruso told me that this grey color was due to the metal underneath them. I was thrilled to get new porcelain crowns that matched my natural tooth color. They look so much better that I can’t believe it!
-Suzanne, Lee’s Summit
I had several large silver fillings from my childhood that had worn out. Dr. Bruso replaced the fillings with tooth colored porcelain crowns. They look and function so much better!
-Anne, Mission Hills
I fell on the ice last winter and broke half of my front tooth. Dr. Bruso was able repair it with a porcelain veneer. Now it looks like nothing ever happened. Thank you!
After years of grinding, my teeth were very short and worn. Dr. Bruso placed veneers and was able to restore my teeth to their original appearance. I’m very excited about my new smile!
-Nancy, Mission Hills
I never liked the color or spaces between my front teeth. My new veneers look natural and I’m so happy that Dr. Bruso suggested this option.
-Jerry (Kansas City)
When I was born, two of my adult teeth never came in. After wearing a retainer for 12 years, Dr. Bruso placed two dental implants and restored them with crowns. I finally have teeth that look and perform like normal.
-Paige, Kansas City
Dr. Bruso placed two dental implants to help stabilize my partial denture. Finally, I can chew again!
-John, Kansas City
At age 88, I traveled to downtown Kansas City from Wichita to get six implants and five crowns. I was amazed at how smoothly everything went. Loved Dr. Bruso’s team as well.
Fast, easy and invisible. Very simple to straighten my teeth with Invisalign! Love, love, love my new smile!
-Molly, Kansas City
Thank you for helping me get my teeth straightened quickly in the year before my wedding!
-Megan, Kansas City